Gary Robinson is leading BillerudKorsnäs USA in the development of novel packaging technologies focused on advancing sustainability with natural and renewable materials. BillerudKorsnäs is a global packaging paper company based out of Stockholm, Sweden.
As a Packaging graduate from Michigan State University, Gary has focused his professional development on gaining hands-on, in-depth, and diverse experience in the many facets of packaging. This cross-business experience has taken him into leadership positions in engineering, international supply chain development, quality assurance, purchasing, marketing, project management (PMP Certification) and sales. Gary thoroughly enjoys the immersive challenges that come with new product development & specifically sustainability.
- Kraft Foods- advanced R&D research scientist focusing on materials & equipment innovation. Categories: Ready to drink beverages, powdered soft drinks, & multi-component cereals.
- Amway Corporation- supply chain & operations engineer leading in-field production facility start-ups in India. Categories: Personal care, home cleaning, and nutritional supplements
- Newell Rubbermaid- as a PMI certified project manager, constructed business processes to drive innovation for sustained growth and portfolio management for Newell Rubbermaid. Categories: Consumer hard goods, fashion, & grooming.
- The Home Depot- as part of direct import quality assurance team, Gary built the first packaging department at The Home Depot & transformed the company from reactive damage control posture to a proactive design capability for proprietary brands. Categories: Home improvement - all.
- Chemtura- a global chemical company and CPG under the brand Biolab, Gary directed both the purchasing and packaging engineering functions and associated supplier relations. Categories: Pool chemicals, agricultural, industrial, & home cleaning.
- GRC, Inc. - pursuing a personal desire to run his own company Gary provided consulting services for major Quick Service Restaurants, and CPG’s with a strong focus on sustainability. Categories: Food service, consumer hard goods, and returnable containers.
Speaker Session See Full Agenda
9:00 AMRoom: TBA
Challenging Conventional Packaging for a Sustainable Future
Consumers are looking for natural products, less complications and a more simplified lifestyle for the things that go on and in their bodies. This perspective can be paraphrased as “Good for me, good for the planet”. Major FMCPG’s and retailers understand their consumers and are seeking innovative solutions to deliver this lifestyle and further to deliver on performance metrics for sustainability.
At BillerudKorsnäs we seek to Challenge Conventional Packaging for a Sustainable Future. In this discussion, we will explore our latest innovation of Fibreform, 3D cold formable papers, and the many applications we have developed with this novel material.